Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Happy 6 Months, Baby Clara!

I know nothing about the fancy new camera I've had for 3.5 hours now, so these shots aren't impressive.... but I had to get some shots of my sweet girl on her 6 Month Birthday!



It's past my dinner-time, Mommy.

Um yeah... that's not Clara... but it's the best shot I've gotten yet with the camera so Bailey can have his fifteen minutes now :-)

Three things:

1. I almost always "warmify" (in Picasa) my photos. I like the old-fashioned look of that effect. The photos of Clara above were all warmified. The first photo was taken with a flash, and the others without. I think the flash+warmify combo is a bit sharper.
2. I need to figure out the ideal photo size for photos I plan to put on the blog. Sometimes reducing huge photo files a lot makes them look crazy. (In case you can't tell, I am not very tech-savvy.)
3. I hardly ever post twice in two days, so if you missed yesterday's post on baby-led weaning, please scroll down!

Now, for the updates:

I don't know how much Clara weighs, since we don't have a scale and she hasn't been to the doctor in 2 months. We're going on vacay next week, so she'll have her 6 month appointment after that. She wears 9 months clothes in Carter's and size 3 Pampers.

She sleeps an average of 11 hours a night without waking up. She takes 2-3 naps a day, varying in total length from 1.5-3 hours.

She's drinking about 32 ounces of breastmilk a day, and is offered solids twice a day.

Her favorite things are Daddy, the pets (who don't reciprocate), swinging at the park, baby-led weaning, and things that aren't toys (magazines, glasses cases).

She smiles almost all the time and usually giggles for us once a day. The sound of her giggling is so precious that I would give up wine AND cheese to hear it more often.

She is the light of our lives and we love her so, so much.


Happy 6 Month Birthday, BOOga aka Baby Bizzle!
Love, Mommy and Daddy

2 comments:

Janet, The Queen of Seaford said...

Great six month update. I upload my pics in the smallest size. I don't resize them otherwise.
As for playing the effects in Picasa I like using the soft focus one sometimes. Not a lot, but enough to bring the subject as the focal point. Sometimes warmify.
My sister uses Photoshop (think Randy does too) and boy, what dazzling things you can do with that program....I think there is a learning curve. I don't need to do too much.

Becky turner said...

This blog website is pretty cool! How was it made !
6 months baby