Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th!

Today Clara went on her first picnic to LeFleur's Bluff State Park, a great park just minutes from our house where I spent many weekends as a child - swinging, flying kites with my dad, etc etc.  We met my friend Lisa of A Shower Fresh Garden there, and had a delicious spread of frittata, almond croissants, strawberries & grapes and mimosas (and a bottle for the baby, of course).

Hmmm.... why is it I'm in my highchair but I'm not getting any mangoes?

I brought her highchair - a Joovy Nook - but she preferred a blanket on the grass. (This highchair is awesome - I can literally carry it, unfold it and refold it with one arm, while carrying Clara and her diaper bag with the other arm.) 

Toys are for babies... I kept inching over and getting handfuls of grass and dirt to play with.

Miss 4th of July
Clara also got to hang out with her grandmother (my mom) this holiday weekend. A great chance to show off her patriotic outfit (and big smile). You may notice she's pulling her ear in this picture. Next post will be about that. The teeth are finally here! Or at least the bloody gums, ear pulling and hysterical crying that immediately precede them (yikes!).

Hope y'all had a fun 4th and have a great week!
-G.

4 comments:

Lisa Blair said...

I am so glad that I got to meet Clara. She is adorable!

Samantha said...

Truitt defintely prefers to escape off of the blanket during outside time and play with the grass. I LOVE her patriotic outfit in the last picture!

As for the mosquitos in the pool- so far we haven't had a problem. The cholorine (or salt water system you can get) seem to keep them away also we have it covered and the filter keeps the water moving!

Janet, The Queen of Seaford said...

Teething isn't always so bad....I let mine chew on a frozen slice of peach or something like that. I did watch to make sure a big chunk didn't break off in her mouth.
Love the little outfit, very cute.
Yes, your pup looks very much like Newtie-- he is part German shepherd and part something else--maybe Aussie.

Anonymous said...

I love her patriotic outfit! And that highchair sounds awesome. We got a hand-me-down, but I kind of wish we would have gotten that one!