Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Adventures in Solids

Clara has been getting 1-2 servings of solids per day for the past month. Likes: mangoes, mangoes and peaches, bananas, roasted bananas and pears, applesauce with cinnamon.  Dislikes: plain sweet potatoes.  Hates: brown rice cereal.

She always wants to control the spoon, though at least half the puree ends up in her lap or on her face that way.




 Today we tried baby yogurt for the first time, and it was a huge hit! I mixed YoBaby organic yogurt (plain) with homemade mashed sweet potatoes, apple sauce and a bit of cinnamon. It probably doesn't look very appetizing, but I tried it and it's quite good (and I hate yogurt).
Next up is an apple-carrot-mango puree (recipe from Weelicious). That sounds totally weird to me, but Clara doesn't know any better :-)

7 comments:

Etosia (e-tasha) said...

She is sooo cute! Rylin hates food right now and refuses to eat!

!@#$% said...

I hate the bannana and pears mixture. Hopefully that will not be one of Clara's favorites

Janet, The Queen of Seaford said...

What fun to explore all those new foods.

Anonymous said...

What a cutie pie!

I am getting excited to try this. I'm so glad I can get tips from you! So - I know you make Clara's food - did you make the rice cereal, too? I was thinking about attempting that this weekend.

Lindsay said...

Aww Clara's a cutie! Thanks for coming by my blog. We are thinking of starting Lila on food here in a month or so. I'm glad to get ideas from your blog!

Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun said...

Too cute!!! We have just recently started solids with B and its so interesting to see him eat certain things. Glad he is a fan of mashed up sweet potato though! Although the mixes you're cumming up with sound amazing. :)

Ginger said...

Mara- I did make the brown rice cereal ("recipe" from weelicious). Before that, she had tried sweet potatoes. In retrospect, I would've mixed some of the potatoes (which we knew she was fine with) in with the cereal to give it better flavor and texture. have fun!