Monday, June 27, 2011

Five Months Old

Today is Clara's five month birthday. I'm sad time is passing so quickly (especially these last two months with me back at work), but it's amazing to behold the sweet and occasionally sassy little girl Clara has become.
Clara, 1 day old. Note stick legs.
Though she arrived a week late, Clara was only 6 pounds at birth. Perhaps her length (21 inches) at that weight should've been an indicator for how she'd grow over the coming months, as she doubled her weight at 2 months, and is now in the 86th percentile for height and the 71st for weight. This child is going to outgrow her tiny momma at five years old!

Clara at 5 months. Note big strong girl legs :-)
(Please don't worry about the power cord - Daddy was right there and it wasn't plugged in)

Mmmm.... baked bananas and pears (recipe from Weelicious)

We took Clara on her first road trip this weekend to her Great-Grandmother's 85th birthday party in the Mississippi Delta, and it went really well:

Clara and Mommy

Clara met her Great Aunt Leigh... and promptly fell asleep on her.

Four generations of pale blondies

Clara with Daddy in party outfit #2

On top of honing her traveling skills, these days Clara is enjoying sitting and standing (supported, of course), trying new foods, and pulling the dog's hair (the cats won't tolerate it!). She still hasn't had any formula, and I keep pushing my nursing goal longer and longer as I see her amazing health and growth on breastmilk. Ideally, I'll nurse her for 9-10 months and have enough milk in the freezer at that time to take her through the end of the first year - then she can just transition to organic 2% cow's milk. Fingers crossed everything works out for that to happen.

Check out my sweet mohawk.
 
Mommy made me this cool bib. (Flannel backed with micro-terry. Both from fabric.com)

Happy five months, precious baby girl!
-Mommy

6 comments:

Samantha said...

I'm definitely bookmarking weelicious! So far we've just done single flavors but I'll have to widen the horizon once we've tried everything once! Great pictures :)

Janet, The Queen of Seaford said...

Great photos Ginger, love the multi generational one especially.
I nursed for 12 months....though I wasn't working. Good for you to keep storing it up for her to go to a full year.
Baked bananas and pears sounds good to me.

Jan said...

I so enjoy watching her grow...I'm glad you have added this blog! I, too, like the multigenerational photo. And your racer bib is awesome;-) (especially with the pink cars and flames!)

Lisa said...

I love that last photo! What a cute little expression on Clara's face!

Anonymous said...

What a cutie pie! I love these pictures. It is so crazy to think about how much has changed in the past five months. I'm sad about time passing quickly too. I try to enjoy every moment, but sometimes being busy and tired make it difficult. I try, though. Anyway, thanks for sharing these!

Lindsay said...

Oh my goodness she is so big and cute. I can't believe she is already standing up. Parker like to stand to by she is no where near standing on her own :)